New Printer

Dekka123 12:30 02 Feb 11

Can anyone recomend a decent printer for about £200. It needs to print good photos and copy and scan. Thanks in advance

robertmonkford 18:27 02 Feb 11

I bought this one; it's fast, pretty quiet, scans, copies and prints (both colour and mono). Other features include wireless connectivity and printing from a memoru card or USB device.

click here

I've had it over a year and it's been trouble free :)

Dekka123 19:09 02 Feb 11

robertmonkford thank you very much for your reply. How does the ink pan out is it economical. Certainly looks a decent printer though. Will definately take a look

robertmonkford 19:39 02 Feb 11

Ink wise, I purchased some when I bought the printer and it lasted well; my gf prints out photos....ALOT... and I print more text documents. All in all I'm on my second set in a year (only replaced them in November) and the cartridges are cheap too.... I nabbed those from Amazon.....cheap, reliable and work perfectly well :) I'd say, nab yourself a set at the time of purchase.

Also, for your information, set up time is about 10-12 minutes max to set up out the box and install on your computer.

robertmonkford 19:40 02 Feb 11

You're welcome :)

Dekka123 23:50 02 Feb 11

robertmonkford You have made up my mind for me { will get one tommorrow. Thanks again

MaverickAus 10:01 11 Feb 11

Please buy my Canon MP980 it is a wonderful printer does everything you could imagine including drinking ink for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and maybe for desert, morning tea and afternoon tea. Come to think of it it doesn't stop there! It uses more ink than most small 3rd world countries, it uses ink when you scan things, it uses colour ink when you print black and white text documents even when it is set to grey scale. Within a year it cost more in ink than the printer purchase price.
Canon refuse to do anything about it saying the printer uses "normal" amounts of ink.
BUYER BEWARE!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos