New PCA Format

sdf 10:42 15 Oct 03

Hello all, I was just wondering what anyone thought of the new PCA layout. I personally am highly impressed and think it is a good move forward. I think it is clear, concise and stylish and should definately keep it, and the colour schemes for the future. Definately redeams the move a while back from the nice glossy paper to the flimsey matt finish stuff we are reading now. generally not a problem apart from every single damned Tiscalli disk ravages the page on its way to the bin! anyway, what does everyone else think

expertec 10:54 15 Oct 03

click here it sounds very nice, I haven't seen it yet, it's not in newsagents til 23rd Oct :-(

sdf 11:11 15 Oct 03

how much earlier do people with subscriptions get the magazine then?? ive had this, well, gotta be a few days already!

rowdy 11:30 15 Oct 03

I read at the back of the 100 edition December 2003 that next months issue ( january?? )will contain a Christmas gift guide.

Now that is one of PCA's better ideas, making christmas coincide with the january sales.

This is such a ground breaking idea how come Tony Blair did not get the chance to announce it first or at least be associated with it.

rowdy

expertec 12:20 15 Oct 03

LOL :-)

PCA ed 16:34 15 Oct 03

I'm not going down the path of justifying the cover date again. One groundhog day a month is quite enough.

If anyone wants to provide feedback on the Dec issue the url is click here. They should then click on the December issue link to be taken to the questionnaire.

See also page 245 of the Dec issue.

Filling out the questionnaire enters you in the draw for a digital camera.

To answer SDF - anything up to a week.

vibrant 16:58 15 Oct 03

I got my issue in the newsagents this mourning,
is the price a one of??

expertec 21:33 21 Oct 03

Got mine today, looks very nice, is this price just a one off??

bvw in bristol 22:30 21 Oct 03

Same price next month. (page 14 last sentence) :o)

Publisher, PC Advisor 10:15 22 Oct 03

Having said that, PC Advisor's January 2004 issue hits the shelves on November 13th 2003. That's PC magazine publishing for you! Strange but true.

But of course, you knew that, right?

Publisher, PC Advisor 10:17 22 Oct 03

My errant use of the apostrophe has just condemned me to a day of abuse from the sub editors.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…