New PC Speakers

iqs 14:02 19 Mar 08

Hi,I have just fitted a new sound card.It supports digital out, 5.1 and 7.1.

I'm not fussed about surround sound,I have my 5.1 surround amp to recreate the feel of the cinema.

I'm just after a set of PC speakers which offer superb sound for music and games.

I'm hoping to spend upto £50,any suggestions please.
Cheers

I assume that you want a 2.1 setup?

£50 isn't going to get you "superb" sound but it will get you very decent sound.

Take a look through click here. Creative and Logitech sets are usually very good.

GaT7 14:42 19 Mar 08

As [email protected] says, any Logitech/Creative/similar good brand will do, but you have £50 (or thereabouts) consider the Logitech Z4 for £52 delivered click here / Review click here / The Z4 on Logitech's website click here

Also check Amazon (unlike eBuyer, they offer free delivery for orders over £15) - a search click here (sorted by bestselling). G

GaT7 15:08 19 Mar 08

Another to consider & save £25 in the bargain. Of course, not as good as the Z4, but the £24.49 delivered Logitech X-240 Speakers (2.1) click here may be sufficient. It comes with a 'handy' MP3 player/PDA cradle / Review click here, user reviews on eBuyer click here / at Logitech click here. G

Stuartli 20:08 19 Mar 08

When my IBM 2.1 speakers packed up after many years' use recently, I snapped up a cheap pair from Staples to tide me over until I could get something better online.

However the newcomers, Logitech X-140 2.0, whilst not very powerful, sound quite reasonable for the £19.99 they cost and will do for a while.

iqs 20:42 20 Mar 08

for all the suggestions.Its not easy...Cheers

GaT7 20:48 20 Mar 08

Nope not easy, but I guess it is if you're after the best sound for £50, rather than speakers that'll just do the job.

From this, 'after a set of PC speakers which offer superb sound for music and games', it appears you're after the former. G

FatboySlim71 22:55 20 Mar 08

I got the JBL Creatures about 3-4 years ago and they are absolutely superb, for the size of them you would not believe the power and the quality of the sound. I can't remember how much I paid for them but whatever it was they are well worth it.

click here

iqs 21:29 21 Mar 08

Crossbow7 and FatboySlim71 for your help.Cheers

iqs 16:26 22 Mar 08

Hi,.I know I closed this thread,but I have decided on two sets of speakers.

Creative Gigaworks T20 or JBL Creature 2

Any comments please.Cheers

GaT7 17:10 22 Mar 08

Personally I'd go for the Logitech Z4s as they offer something for both music listeners & gamers.

The T20s seem to be more aimed at gamers click here, while the Creature's lack something in the midrange department according to some of the reviews. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5