New PC no original OS disc

Cornel 14:51 18 Sep 03

I have just bought a new Aio Win XP Pro from Microwarehouse it does not come with the original OS Disc which is necessary to transfer files from my old computerI have contacted the manufacturer and supplier without satisfaction.
I paid the extra £100 for XP Proffessional in the belief I would receive the full package. What else can I do?

simongy 15:33 18 Sep 03

Tell them that you should of least got a recovery disk in the event of anything going wrong. Don't get FOBBED off if they ask for more money. Its like buying a car with no engine!!

DieSse 16:41 18 Sep 03

"in the belief I would receive the full package"

Make no assumptions - always check first.

If the one you bought does not come with a Windows CD - then that's that. It should come with some kind of recovery CD and/or hidden partition, however.

tenaka 16:43 18 Sep 03

Complain you can do, not sure if you are right to expect the disc though. After all when you pay for windows, you pay for the licence, not the CD.

Dunno if you thought about the other side of things though, presumably in the event of windows corruption the solution they provide might be to have the whole pc returned to their workshop for windows to be re-installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…