new pc any suggestions

mimo 18:21 15 Jan 04

hello all....any sugestions on what the best pc is at present ?.i have about £1000 to spend just on a tower if possible.i currently have a 17"lcd screen so its pointless buying another requirements are ...p4 usb2 512ram dvd rw seperate cdrw .the new sony range stands out from the rest in looks and spec,has anybody bought one.i currently own a packard bell,never again.........have you seen the new white ones.i look forward to hearing from regards mimo

stylehurst 17:11 17 Jan 04

Have a look at the Novatech site; they'll build to your sspec if so desired.
Have 3 at home & they have never given any trouble.
Latest is a P4 2.4 80Gb 512Mb CD & CDRW now about 1 year old.
Cost without OS app £700.

Latest ones have DVD burner, and they will add items to standard set up.

citadel 17:36 17 Jan 04

this year there is a new format for pcs coming out and all current pcs will be obsolete, the new format will have pci express so agp graphics cards will also be obsolete.

961 18:59 17 Jan 04

Feel that's just a little bit sweeping

Accepting that there are major changes taking place a computer bought today will work well for several years

I don't think you need spend anywhere near £1000 to get the spec you want however and suggest you configure what you want at the Novatech site or the Mesh site. I'm sure £500 is a good starting point if you don't need a monitor

I wouldn't regard Sony as a mainstream computer supplier

mimo 21:02 17 Jan 04

hello all and thanks for your time.novatech, what are their customer/support services like ?.cheers mimo

wjrt 19:09 18 Jan 04

have had to call tech support 3 times in 18 months,not bad going with a 15 year old boy doing his best, the service was excellent and problems resolved very promptly, and should be even more value now as they give an 0800 number (ie free) and not a premium rate. the delivery driver commented that he rarely had to pick up machines for return but that is hearsay. so far an excellent service.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:32 18 Jan 04

'all current pcs will be obsolete'...utter rubbish. Word processing is still OK on a W95 PC. Not all computer users play games...*sigh*. If you do play games you do not need the most up-to-date computer just like all drivers do not need a Lamborghini...*eyes raise*

Joe McG 20:10 18 Jan 04

dealt with novatech regularly online for a few years now.
Definitely one of the better online companies. (sales and support)

citadel 21:01 18 Jan 04

when the new format comes out a price reduction on the current stock is sure to happen, so it will be worth waiting if you do not need a new pc in a hurry.

mimo 12:45 21 Jan 04

hello and thanks for your advice,definitely novatech.cheers mimo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…