New PC Advice

YAN003 08:58 18 Feb 04

Hi, I am looking to buy another PC (for gaming). Would appreciate any advice on the following spec that I am considering buying (approx £1.500)

MAXX PC Model: MAXX4DV P4 3200

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz 800 MHz FSB

Motherboard: Intel D875PBZ with Hyper-Threading

RAM (Memory): 1GB PC3200 Dual-Channel DDR

Graphics: ATI Radeon 9800 XT 256 MB

Sound Card: Creative Audigy 2 6.1 Dolby Digital

Hard Disk: Seagate 160 GB 7200 RPM

Optical Drive 1: NEC ND-1100A DVD+R/RW

Optical Drive 2: LG DVD-ROM / 48x CD-ROM

Modem: Internal v.92 Hardware 56K Modem

Network: Onboard 10/100-BaseTx

Monitor: 17" Relisys Black CRT

Keyboard: Black Logitech Internet Keyboard

Mouse: Black Logitech Optical Mouse

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home

Free Software Bundle: MAXX Software Bundle

Warranty: 1 Year On-Site

JIM 10:48 18 Feb 04

can you direct us to the PCMAXX web site unless it's the following.

click here

Without going through your list at the moment and the price at (approx £1.500). With only A one year warranty would concern me.If living in the UK and you are buying abroad,(Assumption )would take care.

YAN003 10:52 18 Feb 04

Hi Jim, look under Special Reserve...sorry can not give you a link. I live in the UK. Thanks for your time, much appreciated.

JIM 11:54 18 Feb 04

1/Intel D875PBZ Pentium 4 Socket 478 ATX 4GB DDR-SDRAM 533/800MHz FSB (3 years warranty)

click here

Serious performance top range, A bit mean only supplying your proposed sytem with 1GB PC3200 :)

2/Internal v.92 Hardware 56K Modem Network ?If your on broadband "ditch it" or if not on broadband get it for the online gameing ---:)

3/Warranty: 1 Year On-Site still worries me as your motherboard is for three years and i dont think PCMax would help in that situ.

4/All the rest could/will be available of the shelf supplied in uk.

my conclusion/opinion.

Yes i like the spec,top or close for what you require,expensive? Not if i had the money--:)

Would sooner cut the risk down by finding a supplier/manufacturer in the UK who could put a similar spec together for you.Someone also to fall back on unless PC MAXX has a service program in this country.

If not already searched for you will know that a similar system will cost a few hundred pounds more in the UK inc vat(pay by credit card if you can) But it is there,and if you had been iclined to build your own,you may have said. So yes spec and all generally is good/great!!But do you take the chance with PC MAXX---?

PS just, noticed your posted poss in the wrong forum,"ConsumerWatch" may give you more feed back and Views. (have a quiet word with our FE, he/she may transfer thread ) :)

YAN003 12:06 18 Feb 04

Many thanks Jim for that. Opinion and time greatly appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…