New PC?

flyingbrit 17:50 23 Dec 05

My brother is after a second pc (one he can get on in front of the kids!) he only wants a basic spec one, enough power to do a small amount of photo editing and internet browsing.(he has broadband, so no modem needed) Anyone got ideas, all for about £400.

GaT7 18:09 23 Dec 05

He'll get quite a good one from click here - that's if he doesn't mind Ebay. G

flyingbrit 18:16 23 Dec 05

but I've pointed him towards EBAY before but he doesn't want to go that way (he'd rather get one from comet or currys)

ade.h 18:29 23 Dec 05

What about one of the budget Dells? I've never bought or used a Dell, but it has a lot of happy customers. If you can't spend much, it pays to play safe and Dell is a pretty safe choice, I think.

flyingbrit 18:34 23 Dec 05

about Dell....I was looking yesterday at their buget deals (starting at £295) but by the time I'd added more ram, 17" screen ect it came out to nearer £550. Am I doing it wrong? or is that about right?

GaT7 18:37 23 Dec 05

* Go to click here, click on Computing -> PCs -> Clearance PCs. 2 are within budget.

* Go to click here, click on Computing -> Desktop PCs -> Clearance PCs. 12 are within budget.

* Dixons: Go to click here, click on Computing -> PCs -> PCs with Monitor. 3 are within budget.

* Comet: GATEWAY EMACHINES E4026 - £399 + free basic delivery click here

* PCWorld: PACKARD BELL IMEDIA 1328 - £399 + 4.99 del click here

If I find more, I'll be back to post them, if you haven't ticked the thread as resolved. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…