New PC

Bike-it 15:47 26 Nov 05

Having tried and failed to buy the latest PC from Aldi as they do not have a store in N Ireland does anyone know were i can get one that has the same spec as the Medion.
Has anyone been using a dual core processor, are they as good as the mags say they are.

kinger 15:56 26 Nov 05

What are you using the PC for?

Dual core is good if you use software that can make use of it.

Bike-it 16:01 26 Nov 05

General use, internet, music and a lot of photo editing.

kinger 16:16 26 Nov 05

I believe the idea behind dual core is that, if the processor is busy working on say, in your case, photo editing, and then you do something else at the same time, say a video rendering job, it uses the dual processor to cope with the extra demand.

So it seems you may well benefit.

I can't help with the medion part but I'm sure somebody else will.

SG Atlantis 16:37 26 Nov 05

what's the spec of the aldi computer?

I'm from N.I. also!!

SG Atlantis 16:40 26 Nov 05

kinger, also multi-threaded software applications can utilize both processor cores at once. Making it extra efficient and a huge boost to performance.

There isn;t much software developed like that yet, however that's the way the futures going....

kinger 16:43 26 Nov 05

SG atlantis, indeed, and I look forward to software coming out that makes the most of it all.

64bit on Windows Vista will be next, eh?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…