New Mouse Needed

Fishbox 07:30 AM 11 Jul 11

Any recommendations for a mouse,please? Corded or cordless,not for gaming,no-frills reliable model wanted for use with Desktop PC.Up to £20. Last one at budget-end of price range(Logitech RX250 optical corded) failed after under 4 months light use.

carver 08:05 AM 11 Jul 11

If it's failed just phone Logitech up and they will replace it. They are one of the best manufactures with a very good after sales service.

They replaced a key board and mouse that was 2 years old with out any argument and I received one of their top of the range kit in replacement.

961 08:20 AM 11 Jul 11

Wired optical mouse from Microsoft does me very well

Anything from £12 or so upwards often with free delivery from folk like Amazon, and all the rest

Intellimouse software works with them all, downloadable from Microsoft, v8 works well with Windows 7

wee eddie 11:31 AM 11 Jul 11

I have a cheapo, cheapo, "Trust" one, PS2 connection, wired and optical. Over 8 years old, works well, cost £4.50.

Absolutely no need to spend a fortune, although I would suppose £10 is now the base line to expect. If you have a PS2, Jack Socket, purple if I remember, it makes sense to use it rather than one of the USB Sockets. Also, PS2 always works in Safe Mode.

Woolwell 12:49 PM 11 Jul 11

wee eddie - Finding a ps2 mouse is quite difficult now.

wee eddie 13:15 PM 11 Jul 11

I'll keep mine safe then!

spuds 14:05 PM 11 Jul 11

There are still PS2 available, and failing that there are USB/PS2 adapters also readily available.

I have always used cheapo keyboards and mouse kits, and never really had a problems using them. Lifespans on some cheapo models seem more reliable that the far more expensive models, looking at certain forum comments.

The mouse I am using at present, and have been doing so on a daily basis for years, is a budget wireless Packard Bell C-3UP, which I think was obtained from PCW at the time.

BT 17:57 PM 11 Jul 11

Cheapo from Tesco with a classy blue light and a PS2 adaptor. Had it about 3 years now and I think it cost about a Fiver.

I think you'll find that most USB Mouse(s) tend to have a PS2 adaptor included.

chub_tor 20:11 PM 11 Jul 11

Personally I am a fan of Microsoft mice. On my desdtops I have been using Intellipoint Explorer 2 wireless mouse for many years now, they have been reliable, very economical on batteries and very well built, When I needed a bluetooth mouse for my netbook I automatically graduated to Microsoft and bought the Bluetooth Mouse 5000, all good purchases for me.

Fishbox 20:25 PM 11 Jul 11

Thanks all.

jaraba 11:47 AM 12 Jul 11

link text

Have used a couple of these for a while now and so far no problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know