New motherboard and RAM

Doragan 17:02 05 Feb 07

After realising that I would need a new motherboard to get a new processor, I have decided to upgrade this instead (As I dont have the money to upgrade both right now). I have a budget of around £300, although it will go up every week by a little bit, and I would like to buy some DDR II RAM to go with it, as at the minute I only have DDR. Also, I would like the processor socket to be LGA775. I was thinking about getting Asustek S775 Intel 975X , but any advice would be much appretiated.

Doragan

SANTOS7 17:12 05 Feb 07

click here
Have you thought about a MOBO bundle, might save a couple of quid too..

Totally-braindead 17:49 05 Feb 07

Doragan I have to agree with SANTOS7 it will be slightly cheaper getting a motherboard bundle. If you price the parts individually you will find that they are probably £30 or more if you buy them individually. The processor is already fitted as is the memory and it is cheaper. If you need a new case as well or even a half decent power supply then consider a barebones option click here, its all fitted, you just add a hard drive a cd rom and a floppy if you wish (and a graphics card if its not onboard graphics ) and you're away.
The likes of this is worth considering click here add a cheap PCI Express graphics card use your existing CD Rom etc and you've virtually got a new PC.

Totally-braindead 17:51 05 Feb 07

Should have said if your existing Windows Operating System is not a full one then you would need to buy that as well. The Novatech PCs are worth considering as well if you want all new.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…