New Monitor

thospot 19:22 13 May 05

My eyesight is beginning to suffer with this old monitor so it's about time I had a new one but as usual there is so many to choose from. I wouldn't know where to start. Has anybody any ideas as to which would be the best.... Around £200. Are the ones with built in speakers more expensive because of that. I already have decent speakers. Thanks in anticipation.....

Rayuk 19:50 13 May 05

Many 17" tfts around for sub £200 will help your eyesight.

Stick with your speakers havnt seen[or should I say heard] a monitor with decent speakers

Todays specials at

click here
click here

jack 19:53 13 May 05

Get A copy of this illustrious maggie and read up the test pages, then scan the ads.
Built in speaker you can do with out thus the money goes in a better[larger?] diplay,

If your eyesight is a real problem then the money is better spent on a good old CRT one rather than the nwer flat LCD's

thospot 20:20 13 May 05

The price of these things has certainly come down since I last looked at them. Thanks for the links. I will have to look at the specifications and try to pick the best. It would be a guess whichever one I pick. Does any of you have any preferences for any make or model?. They all seem to have a 3 year guarantee, which is very good. Thanks for your efforts so far........

Dumble452 08:33 14 May 05

Got a Iiyama pro-lite E435s from here click here
I'm very pleased with it and their service was excellent.

thospot 09:55 14 May 05

Thanks Dumble452. I have been looking up the specs for these things and apparantly the faster the response rate is the better so is the Iiyama at 8ms a little bit slow when a lot of the others is 16ms and the new ones out now is 20ms. I know nothing about these things really. Just what I have been reading in the adverts. Perhaps you can tell me different.... Thanks for your interest......

Diodorus Siculus 10:04 14 May 05

8 ms response time is half that of 16 - the lower the number, the better when it comes to response times.

In general use, you will be unlikely to notice a difference between 8 an 12 or 16 ms response times.

thospot 10:15 14 May 05

Thanks for that Diodorus Siculus. I must have got it the wrong way round. Still I'm learning...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…