New laptop for under £350?

_clive_ 21:59 16 Dec 07

If that was the total budget available what would people recommend?

Kemistri 22:01 16 Dec 07

Honestly? Saving some more before buying.

_clive_ 22:24 16 Dec 07

Nope....that's the absolute limit on the budget. There are quite a few advertised under this price, some from big names too...they obviously aren't going to be all-singing all-dancing models but they can't all be rubbish either....
Any suggestions welcomed.

Crash 23:07 16 Dec 07

This click here or this click here or if you can find an extra £20 lying around click here

_clive_ 23:16 16 Dec 07

Thanks Crash....that's something to go on...i know they're not high spec business or gaming machines but they're slightly higher spec than i've found so far, particularly with the 120Gb drives

PalaeoBill 23:25 16 Dec 07

click here=

But I have to agree with Kemistri.

sihart 01:30 17 Dec 07

Got to agree with Kemistri, if you want anything half decent you need to start at £400. With perhaps one exception, the Asus Eee PC, click here.

If you do insist on only spending £350 and you want something other than the Eee PC, make sure it is an XP machine because it sure as hell won't be good enough for Vista.

tullie 09:31 17 Dec 07

I have got a bog standard laptop no problem with Vista

_clive_ 21:59 17 Dec 07

Well....in the end i opted for the Novatech click here

Firstly it has a card reader which i know i'll find useful and secondly Novatech make some impressive claims on their customer service, and one of their branches is only 30 mins away from me ;)

Thanks to all who offered advice :)

Crash 18:02 18 Dec 07

Good choice I'm sure you won't be dissappointed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…