New Laptop, sub £500

russmini 10:08 01 Jan 07

Ok, not been on here for a Lonnnng time...

Looking to sell my Dell X50V and get a Laptop.
Don't have too much use for one, hence why i want to keep the price as low as poss.

Not being around the Latest news etc i really am in a ??? with all the different spec Processor there are in Laptops !!!

I will mainly use it for watching TV & DVD's while away from home and the usual things you get upto on a PC. Won't have to do really extreme things like video editing etc, that can be done at home.
Would like WiFi and some 'toys'

Thanks Russ

Diodorus Siculus 11:23 01 Jan 07

click here

click here

click here

IF you are happy with Dells.

There is a huge range from which to choose nowadays under £500 but if you are going to be carrying it around, then you will need one as light as possible.

russmini 11:49 01 Jan 07

Yeh, i'm Happy with Dell. Not had a Bad word to say with the X50V anyway.

I'd actually come across this one click here

What do you guys think of this ?

season8 11:52 01 Jan 07
  Diodorus Siculus 11:57 01 Jan 07

The Dell you point to is good also; seems a fair price for a good machine.

You can save £70 by reducing warranty to 90 days collect and return. This will not detract from your standard 1 year warranty and I'm convinced that if anything goes wrong it will be within the first few months anyway.

Diodorus Siculus 12:00 01 Jan 07

I'd be wary of Celeron processors - they are really not worth the saving in my opinion.

russmini 12:32 01 Jan 07

Just noticed on the one i put the link up, it does not have a DVD Writer. Would really like it to have that.. Damn, i liked it as well !!!!
And, yes, i had dropped it down to the 90 day already. Agree with you on what you said concerning that.

season8 12:49 01 Jan 07

The Dell you gave link for has: Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Drive including Software

russmini 13:00 01 Jan 07

Mmm..

Then again, i think it maybe just the way they write it.

Anyone want to tell me for sure whether there is a writer/re-writer with the one i put a link up for.

Thanks

Or any other suggestions

Diodorus Siculus 15:16 01 Jan 07

The machine in your 11.49am link certainly has a DVD writer:

As season8 quoted:
Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Drive including Software

Diodorus Siculus 18:59 01 Jan 07

Intel Core 2 Duo Laptops, 1GB Ram, Dvdwriter, Wireless - £549 Delivered or less!

click here

Worth a look if you can stretch the budget a little.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…