New Laptop - can someone help?

danatkin 14:52 01 Apr 14

Good Afternoon,

I am looking to buy a new laptop for work that enables me to do the following:

• Internet usage.....as 90% of my work is online via emails (gmail & outlook) & online work such as salesforce (click here etc
  • Be able to print documents; word, excel & powerpoint at home
  • Be able to use Skype
  • Hold a certain amount of pictures & documents on the desktop (not vast amounts as most of my pictures are held via i-cloud, dropbox etc)
  • Be able to play DVD`s
  • Wi-fi enabled as I am often out & about

I have looked on many sites & this laptop keeps coming up, HP Pavilion 10-e011sa 10.1-Inch Touchscreen Laptop. (£279)

ginono 16:01 01 Apr 14

Hello. For the use you want, the HP Pavilion 10-e011sa is ok

danatkin 16:36 01 Apr 14

Thank you for your reply, how about a Advent Tacto 11.6? Seems a better deal & has 4GB of RAM not 2GB as the HP does

Woolwell 18:32 01 Apr 14

2 threads about this. Please stick to one.

Need to know your budget. With the HP you will have to buy an external DVD drive for watching DVD's. As far as I am aware all laptops are wifi enabled and all can do what you want. Finally a 10" screen is limiting for Excel. I have a 11" ultraportable and it's ok but I wouldn't want to use it as my main device for spreadsheets. It's great for email, etc.

Reviews

Woolwell 18:36 01 Apr 14

I'm not keen on Advent's. Have a look at an Acer or ASUS as well.

somyasharma 07:54 26 May 14

According to your budget, HP is the best option...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…