New Laptop

cagey 12:36 06 Mar 07

Thinking of buying a new laptop. I see that Aldi are selling Medion MD98200 for £539 which looking at the spec seems good value. Anyone got experience with Aldi/Medion and can advise me?

cagey 17:44 06 Mar 07

Advice please?

Jake_027 18:28 06 Mar 07

Once we know, we can start recommending the best options available to you.

cagey 19:40 06 Mar 07

It's for my grandson who is shortly going to universaty. He will mainly be using it for course work (Media study) and some gaming (not power hungry ones) plus general internet for keeping his ipod topped up etc.

Jake_027 20:15 06 Mar 07

The Medion seems like a good deal, but if you miss out these seem of similar spec, and Novatech are renowned for their service.

click here

If you consider the big brands, go for Toshiba, Acer, etc.

Medions are also very well renowned for customer service and reliability on here as well, so you shouldn't have problems. (click here and click here)

Jake

Aspman 14:26 07 Mar 07

HP is offering cash back on it's business notebooks (nx series). The cash back is available to private individuals however.

I picked up an nx6325 with £100 cash back yesterday from Ebuyer. Cash back is by mail in redemption so you have to pay up front.

You would need to make sure that you would be happy with business spec. It differs from the 'entertainment' laptops.

Toshiba laptops are very good. Tosh have cash back on some laptops:

click here

cagey 21:19 07 Mar 07

Thanks everyone for your help, I'm going down early to Aldi tommorrow and hopefully buy the Medion.

cagey 14:02 08 Mar 07

Just to let you know. I got down to Aldi's at 08:45 hrs (they don't open til 09:00), by the time it was my turn, they were sold out, they only had 10 for sale. So it's back to the drawing board.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos