New keyboard and mouse

Jameslayer 20:43 27 Mar 11

Hi I have decided get a new mouse and maybe a keyboard. I play a lot of on-line fps and general use of computer.

My three main priorities are:
1-comfort and support. I'm only 27 but many of my bones crack when moving to the extent you can hear them several feet away.

2-Price don't want to spend lots of money.

3-If it helps me be more precise and better at games would be a bonus but I'm sure most of its down to playing ability.

I want the connectors that plug into the proper hole not the USB ones.

Thanks in advance for the help.

spuds 21:59 27 Mar 11

If you are looking at Microsoft, then the Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard might do the trick?.

For a good range of keyboards and mouse devices, you could check click here Prices range from about £3.00 to £50.00 each item.

Dragon_Heart 00:48 28 Mar 11

You can get joypads that look like the Playstation one that plug into your USB port ... why don't you want a USb plugged mouse / keyboard ?

You can get one made by Venom for about £7 on Amazon !

In the past I have used a Logitech MK320, a wireles model.

carver 09:12 28 Mar 11

I'm sorry to have to tell you but if you want a decent mouse and keyboard for on line games they are not cheap and there are not many that have the old connectors, or buy one of these click here click here click here to plug the USB into.

You can buy cheap ones but you may find that in that price range you can't calibrate the mouse properly.

Jameslayer 14:07 29 Mar 11

Spuds the keyboard looks interesting never used one were the keys arnt straight. Have you used one?

Jameslayer 14:08 29 Mar 11

In regaqrds to the a control pad i use my ps2 one. Got a adapeter from game many moons ago.

spuds 16:18 29 Mar 11

I have only played around with one that a colleague uses. He is very happy with it (hence the recommendation), so was I, and at about £16.00 for a Microsoft endorsed product you might not go far wrong. The keyboard is advertised as 'designed for more comfortable hand position',and it also as spill-resistant keys, which might be an additional advantage.

Only problem is that it as the USB interface, but that can soon be remedied.

Jameslayer 20:17 29 Mar 11

Thanks spud will make that the keyboard choice just a mouse to go.

OTT_B 22:02 29 Mar 11

I've used a Microsoft keyboard very similar to the Comfort Curve that's been mentioned. It is very good. Unfortunately it died, but not deterred, I got another Microsoft bit of hardware (click here#)

I've just replaced my mouse (that came with the Comfort curve type keyboard, but also died recently, albeit after about 5 years). The Logitech Performance MX was got, after being recommended here!

spuds 10:46 30 Mar 11

I was on the Amazon website yesterday evening, and out of curiosity I checked their keyboards. If you intend purchasing the Curve 2000, then Amazon and another seller have these for £9.99 delivered, about a 50% saving on the £16.00 less delivery I previously quoted from the website mentioned.

Hope this helps.

Jameslayer 11:15 30 Mar 11

excellent spud. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…