new iphone 3GS

iqs 17:51 17 May 10

Hi,

Can I ask the forum members that own the iPhone 3GS ,their opinions please regarding the phone.Good or bad.

Also what would you buy,the iPhone or the Sony Xperia X10.

Thanks

bremner 19:07 17 May 10

Personally I think the iPhone is brilliant with only a couple of reservations.

The lack of multitasking - it is being addressed with OS 4 due in the summer.

If the camera is important to you then it is only 3megapixels - It will be improved in the next phone.

A new iPhone will be out in June so I would recommend waiting if it is to be your choice.

Re your second question it was asked only a few weeks ago. click here

iqs 22:26 17 May 10

thanks for the reply and link bremner,cheers

donki 09:54 18 May 10

I can only agree with what Bremner said, I think the 3GS is brilliant and use it all the time for web brousing even when I am in the house, the upgrade to OS4 will make it even better.

I only ever use the camera on any phone for taking a quick snap or something. If I want a picture I would actually print out I would use my compact camera, I would say the same of any camera phone nevermind how many megapixiels it had.

I would also wait for the next iPhone with usually is June but I can see it being put back till the end of summer perhaps, just a feeling.

superhoops 20:46 20 May 10

Yep the 3GS is good. (Even better if you jailbreak it! Battery life isnt great though. I have to keep it on charge in the car otherwise it dies.
I would recommend installing Atomic Web Browser and use it instead of the built in safari and Ibismail to use instead of the built in email program. Both are far superior.

pavvi 22:42 20 May 10

...the 3GS too. Never ever thought I would. Mind you I also have a MacBook (pro) which I never thought I would. You will probably find battery life on both not great mainly because of the size of the screen on both devices. When using good light, the camera on the 3GS is actually not bad. I have a battery pack to help me extend the life. But I only need it as (well so my wife tells me) I'm always on it! My only minor niggle is that when you are unable to read a text message, it will keep reminding you, and you can't switch off the reminder

bremner 19:19 21 May 10

Settings > Messages > Turn Off "Repeat Alert"

pavvi 19:52 21 May 10

Thanks for that! Shows how much I know! Only took 2 secs once I knew!

iqs 18:35 25 May 10

Hi all,
Finally got round to purchasing an iPhone today.Bought the 16GB 3GS.

So far I'm very happy with it.

Once again thank you all for taking the time to reply.
Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos