new injet printer

iqs 11:48 13 Dec 09

Hi all,

I'm after a new inkjet printer.I have read the PC Advisor reviews for the Epson SX200,which I have seen for £40.Its seems ideal for my need,but its an all in one,and its rather heavy.But its my current favorite.

Do any of the forum users have this printer?,is it any good.

Or can you recommend an alternative please?.

Cheers

spuds 12:42 13 Dec 09

I have a number of Epson printers (but not the SX200), and all are very good, especially at the budget range price, with easy obtained compatible (cheap) ink supplies. This is one of the things to look for- Cheap compatibles or a CISS, which would work out even cheaper if you are an heavy user of a printer.

I would suggest that you do a Google search, and possibly look at eBay for reviews, supply and demand etc.

AlanHo 13:49 13 Dec 09

I have had an SX200 for several months - it is an excellent printer, fast with good photo print quality. It has individual cartridges for black, cyan, magenta and yellow so you only have to change the one that is empty. The scanner is easy to use with high quality scans. The photocopy feature is useful too.

A set of 4 genuine Epson cartridges costs around £34 - I now use good quality compatible ones which cost £12 for the set of 4.

DarkieBoy 15:23 13 Dec 09

My advice is always to check the price of printer inkjet cartridges before buying. You can search your printer on UK Ink Supplies click here or click here and see that they are only £3.99 each for Jet Tec, which is the compatible brand that I recommend - they also come with up to 90% Extra Life. Also, Jet Tec ink cartridges are UK made and don't breach patents like the cheaper imported Chinese versions.

UK Ink Supplies click here also deliver next day and their customer service is excellent.

Hope that that helps?

Mark.

iqs 16:00 13 Dec 09

Hi and thank you for the replies.

I liked the SX200 because of the cheap-ish prices of the carts,compared to other makes.

Up until yesterday I had a working Epson R240,which worked fine until I bought some compatible cartridges from a local well known supermarket.
Apart from the inconsistent print images,the black ink leaked into the printer,and everything is wet and black.

I'm currently drafting a letter to their head office.

So I will probably opt for the SX200.buy have also seen the SX415 with good reviews.

Thank you again for the help,cheers

wiz-king 16:40 13 Dec 09

If it were mine it would be disconnected and have taken a trip to the bathroom by now! A removal of cartridges and rinse with hot water - keeping it away from the electronics if possible - and then a few days in the airing cupboard and you might salvage it. However with the price of printers it might not be worth the ire of the other half.

iqs 17:18 13 Dec 09

I tried to clean the insides,but my hands were changing colour,even with latex gloves on.
I have taken photos and will include them with the letter of complaint.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…