New Iiyama E431S-B LCD Monitor

topdraw 17:36 01 Feb 05

Hi everyone,

I have a dilema, I have just purchased a new monitor as described. I bought this monitor at a very good price (£183.80 including delivery and vat). I asked the company (online) before I purchased it if they were refurbished or returns etc. They assurred me they were direct from the manufacturer.

On the box there was a small label with a delivery address to a company up north, anyway I opened it up and all appears OK and NO DEAD PIXELS (well I can't see anything that would resemble one). I did a hardware check using BELARC and it was manufactured in October 2004.

Knowing how scarce these monitors have been I am quite convinced it is a returned monitor that has been refurbished or repaired by Iiyama. I am very happy with not having any dead pixels but what would you do:-

A send it back or

B keep it as there are no dead pixels

Tanks for any replies
Topdraw

Diodorus Siculus 18:27 01 Feb 05

What to do? Well, if they are scarce and it works fine, stick with it. That would be my opinion anyway... A sticker with an address on it could mean anything...

ade.h 18:53 01 Feb 05

Keep it. That's a very fair price even for a re-furb, and no dead pixels is a real plus. Given that the seller has not stated it to be anything other than new, I wouldn't think your consumer rights would be affected should a fault occur in the normal warranty period. Did the seller mention warranty terms at all?

paddyjack 20:04 01 Feb 05

These monitors are not scarce, how many do you want?

Great monitor,

As it works why worry, you bought it as new therefore the guarantee stands, enjoy

freaky 20:39 01 Feb 05

That is a good price for the Prolite E431.

PC World had a sale recently and were selling the Prolite E435 for £199.99, this has a responce time of 10 msec compared to 16 for the E431.

There is also a Prolite E434 which has a responce time of 14 msec.

The last letter after the model serial number denotes the surround colour i.e. (B)lack (I)vory and (S)ilver.
Strangely enough most retailers charge more for Silver, evidently they don't show the dust as much!

topdraw 21:31 01 Feb 05

Thank you all,

I will keep it then, it has a three year Iiyama warranty anyway and when a monitor goes back for repair you still might not get the original one back anyway.

Sans le Sou 22:47 01 Feb 05

Iiyama do a swapout they bring another monitor and take your duff one away, they are usually very quick. They do not repackage re furbished units but bring them in a service box so you know it is a remould. You need to keep your original box and all the cables and other bits should you require a swap.

TomJerry 01:24 02 Feb 05

from PCWorld, Dixon, Currys

Ollieole 08:57 02 Feb 05

Just bought one of these from PCnextday for £175. Fantastic monitor and can highly recommend PCnextday. I believe there was a shortage of these units but Iiyama's website (a few days ago) was highlighting the 431 as being back in stock

Mastermind 09:36 02 Feb 05

I'm just curious why people are buying the E431 rather than the newer E435?

freaky 10:58 02 Feb 05

I'm just curious why people are buying the E431 rather than the newer E435?

I agree, the E435 has a better response time, more powerful built-in speakers + screen tilt facility.

They have three (E) Models for some reason, but when I was evaluating which to buy, I got a E435.

Also, I am fairly certain that of the three models, only the E435 has DVI as well as Analogue ports.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…