New house

Giggsy252 19:57 26 Aug 08

hi guys

please advise me. I am moving into a new flat next week but it hasn't got a phone line.

I want a package which has internet and tv e.g. SKY or tiscali. I am tempted by the tiscali offer as they offer free phone line rental but does this mean they need a BT line activated at the house? (BUt the house has no BT LINE)

If so how much does it cost to ask BT to set up the line? Also is it true if i get BT to set up a line i will automatically have to pay for their line rental for 12 months. Hence lose out on the free phone line rental from tiscali.

Any advice would be appreciated. Moving in this weekend.

Stuartli 19:59 26 Aug 08

Tiscali, TalkTalk (much better value) and similar all require a BT line.

Stuartli 20:00 26 Aug 08

I would examine the small print very closely re offers of "free" line rental and other offers...:-)

oresome 20:10 26 Aug 08

Read this article

click here

citadel 20:20 26 Aug 08

looks like it's 124.99 to get a new line from bt, If you tell them you want broadband from bt they may not charge or reduce the new line fee. they did not charge me but I was already with them when I moved.

oresome 20:32 26 Aug 08

"Until the end of September, you can get a BT line installed or reconnected for £29.99 - much cheaper than the usual £125."

From the link I provided above.

Giggsy252 22:14 26 Aug 08

Thanks for the replies. Oresome. WOuld you know where that special offer of £29.99 is onthe bT Site?

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:20 26 Aug 08

'Until the end of September, you can get a BT line installed or reconnected for £29.99 - much cheaper than the usual £125. However, this involves signing up for an 18 month contract, rather than the usual 12, and you'll need to make at least ten chargeable calls per month. Having said that, the saving on the installation should dwarf any call costs. This isn't available online; to get it you need to ring 0800 800 150. See the terms and conditions.' from click here

G

jarani 23:37 26 Aug 08

Bookmark

961 19:17 27 Aug 08

If you want sky tv, then phone them and haggle. To some extent it depends where you live. If your exchange has local loop unbundling then a sky package with phone broadband and tv will often be the cheapest

Even out in the sticks we have sky talk phone package which gives either free evening and weekend calls for £0 (plus BT rent) and they will help with the install of the BT line, or for £5 per month you get free calls 24/7 UK and most of Europe and many other countries

Using click here I have not paid for a UK call this year

Is Virgin Media available in the area? If so, it may be worth considering them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…