New free computer magazine

Al94 21:44 23 Nov 04

Is this the future ofr publishing? click here
Don't think it will ever compete with PCA but interesting nevertheless.

Diodorus Siculus 22:51 23 Nov 04

Thanks for that one; seems interesting.

Pesala 22:52 23 Nov 04

This might turn out to be more popular than printed magazines. It is certainly something that PCA would do well to keep an eye on. They might even consider producing their own PDF version, perhaps as a paid for subscription, or a cut-down free version.

With broadband use increasing fast, a 10 Mbyte download is no longer inhibiting. With that kind of file size, one can produce a substantial magazine well worth collecting. Active links to advertisers' websites have a huge advantage over paper.

I know a lot of people still like to have a hard copy that they can read on the train, or relax with away from the PC, but this could succeed in a big way.

terryr48 23:01 23 Nov 04

Should please my missus at least she won't be moaning about another pc mag on the floor !

Sapins 23:03 23 Nov 04

Looks ok to me, I'll have a good read tomorrow.

I prefer an on-line mag to a paper edition, no out of date info, or, less out of date info. It's free as well.

Sapins 23:06 23 Nov 04

Have you thought, you could be responsible for the demise of PCA and thus this forum ;-)

Djohn 23:21 23 Nov 04

What an excellent Idea. Downloaded and saved to read later but have already had a quick look through and find it perfect for either reading from the screen or printing an article, page or the whole mag to take away from the PC and read.

TomJerry 23:31 23 Nov 04

Many people tried and failed. Why? Many reasons.

The most important one: You cannot read digital version when you sit on toilet or lay on beach/bed.

Pesala 23:37 23 Nov 04

The most important one: You cannot read digital version when you sit on toilet or lay on beach/bed.

That's no longer true, since many people now have laptop PCs. Perhaps the bog standard magazine has had its day?

Alistaircant 23:39 23 Nov 04

nah.......it can't double as a fly swatter, that just kills it's chances.

TomJerry 23:48 23 Nov 04

taking laptop while you are sitting on toilet? have not seen anyone do this yet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017