New digital camera -advice needed please

freaky 19:52 17 May 07

Am considering replacing my Fujifilm FinePix 4700 Zoom which I bought 7-years ago.

A photographic enthusiast friend of mine has the Canon Powershot G7, and is very impressed with it.

Read the PCA review which was not that complimentary.

Any opinions please ?

Totally-braindead 20:17 17 May 07

Second opinion click here

Totally-braindead 20:20 17 May 07

He liked it.

feb 20:21 17 May 07

Hi freaky

I find this site interesting click here

I am Spartacus 20:33 17 May 07

I would also consider the Fuji S9600 especially at the price it is now click here

I've just bought one and have been highly impressed with the results. It is fairly large though.

I am Spartacus 20:36 17 May 07

PS. It's listed on Steve's Digicams as the S9100

freaky 21:07 17 May 07

Totally-braindead.....read his review...thanks

I am Spartacus....looks good and cheaper than the Canon. One problem...it has 4-AAA batteries hence the bulk of the case. The Canon uses 1-Lithium-Ion battery which takes up far less space and has a higher capacity.

hssutton 21:08 17 May 07

Have a look at the LUMIX DMC-FZ8, I have several friends who use this camera and they're very pleased with it. similar price to the Fuji, but longer zoom +image stablisation

click here

I am Spartacus 21:22 17 May 07

I deliberately chose a camera that uses AA batteries. 5 sets of 4 x 2800Mah cost me £25 (around 1,000 shots). A single spare li-on battery is usually double that.

I was tempted by the Lumix but the li-on battery put me off. However as you say AA's do add bulk.

freaky 21:41 17 May 07

With all due respect you would be better off by buying re-chargeable AA batteries. You can buy them at Tesco including a charger quite cheaply. That's what I do with my Fujifilm FinePix 4700.

My wife (on my advice) recently bought a Pentax Digital Camera that has a Lithium battery, this can be recharged in 1½ hours using the charger supplied with the camera.

I am Spartacus 21:42 17 May 07

I should have said that the 5 sets I bought are rechargeable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…