New desktop - do I risk going back to Mesh?

boy_from_the_blackstuff 12:15 27 Jan 09

My old workhorse Mesh PC has given up the ghost after 6 years hard use and abuse. I need to replace it - and have neither the time or inclination to build one from scratch.

So where do I go? This and other forums are still full of complaints about Mesh customer service but are they really any worse than anyone else given the number of units they must shift. And whilst I had a small problem with this system not helped by their customer service, a post on a PC Advisor forum resulted in an e-mail from davey at Mesh within a couple of hours, a visit from an engineer and a happy customer once again. And I know plenty of others with Mesh systems who have had no problems.

Other alternatives? PC World maybe but their window prices are on basic machines and I'd have to rack up their spec and price to equal what Mesh are advertising. Evesham? Gone bust again. Dell? My pal's 3 year old Dell is currently on its third motherboard after hours spent trying to make himself understood to Indian helplines (well he is Scottish!)

So do I just bite the bullet and go back to Mesh in the knowledge I've still got davvey's e-mail address!

donki 13:50 27 Jan 09

I am a Mesh customer and have had no problems and found their customer service helpful and fast, I would have no hesitation in buying from them again. As far as I am aware they are still going strong and the build quality of their machines have never been in question. For every complaint there are many, many happy customers.

Ultimately the decsion is yours.

iscanut 13:55 27 Jan 09

Have a look at what Cougar can offer click here
A lot of us are happy with them !

The Brigadier 15:38 27 Jan 09

I would not use Mesh again after the problems we had when we first had the pc & it took 6 months to sort out. BUT since then the pc has worked well with no problems, it's on 12+ hours a day, every day.

And yes i know Mesh sell a lot of pc's.
And only a small % have problems.

Perhaps you should google mesh computers?

Have you had a look at Novatech @ click here

Kaacee 20:17 27 Jan 09

Try Cougar

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5