new dell systems

brettwier 19:37 01 Nov 05

i was about to purchase a dell 9100 when they have gone and been replaced by a 9150. I can get the regular pc but the middle and top range ones now have a pentium D processor with media center built in. I dont wanna watch tv but it seems to sell the music, photo and video editing side of things which seems good. is this the way forward or not. I also what the machine to run my small business chores like a database. is this pentium d and media center the new standard ? Buy or stick to what i know

anskyber 21:05 01 Nov 05

Click on the dual core demo to see the advantages of dual core. click here But there is a potential lss if you are not running more than one process at a time.

Jamesy 23:43 05 Nov 05

From what I understand, dual-core has yet to be optimized for a lot of apps, and for games especially the single-cores perform better than the equivalent duals. Combined with the current high price of the dual cores, I have chosen to go with a single-core for now. Don't forget also hyperthreading is featured on the single-core p4s, which is a similar feature to dual-core, perhaps not quite as efficient but it works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…