New Dell Inspiron 8500

nabsnabi 10:28 22 Jun 03

I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 8500 notebook. having used Dell notebooks for some years I thought it safe to continue. I liked the look of the 8500 and was quite prepared for the extra size and weight. However, I was not prepared for the complete change in style and what appears to me to be quality. Nowhere on the website does it say, (or likely to say)do not expect a standard Dell designed machine. An analagy is to but Mercedes for years, order a new one and find the body to be made by Skoda (Sorry Skoda drivers).

I have contacted Dell but they have yet to reply apart from the routine telephone customer services rep telling me there was no way that I could exchange the model. However, even one of their tech support guys agreed with me about the build standard. Who can I go to now as I am not content to let it go?

tuff guy 01:36 25 Jun 03

Dear nabsnabi, my sincere condolences on having a Dell computer, For my experience see my post. My suggestion would be to send a registered letter detailing your problem to Dell. Tell them they have 14 days to remedy the problem. I would contact the Trading Standards Office for advice. I have found that if you constantly press them they sometimes will move. I would suggest computer magazines consumer watchdogs. Also try & get together all relevant advertising. The build quality of Dell is appalling & the customer service is non-existant. They hung up on me one day. The last time I phoned tech support I had to pay £20/30 for advice I already new. I have had no reply from my letter of complaint. Perhaps we should start an anti-Dell campaign. Good luck, you will need it.
Max ( Tuff Guy )

accord 05:25 25 Jun 03

dont seem to sound funny here, but didnt you look on the website/pcpress at the spec etc and dare i say a picture of the laptop when you ordered it!!!!

i have noticed that they have changed their design of their laptops and think they look like the ones offered by much smaller companies, and i bet the cpu fan makes a hell of a noise aswell???

not sure you have a leg to stand on, its like buying a car and when getting it home you dont like the design of it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…