New Dell computer - very small problem...

Mark-176168 08:48 30 Mar 05

In the last few weeks I have bought a new Dell Dimension 8400 Desktop(Pentium 4 530 with HT, 3.00Ghz, XP Pro SP2, 1024MB DDR2 400MHz Ram, 160GB (7200rpm) Serial ATA hard drive and so on.) I am pleased to say the order and delivery process was completely painless, and the machine is working perfectly apart from every few days, the date moves itself forward by one day for no reason I can fathom. The time is always correct, just the date goes forward one day. I have the full Mcafee Anti-virus / security package, and also run Spybot S&D / Ad-aware regularly and they all give the machine a clean bill of health (and always have done). Does anyone know why the date might just change itself of its own accord? Thanks.

megapack 08:56 30 Mar 05

Have you checked the time and zone settings and is it set to GMT?

Under date and time properties/internet time tab is the "Automatically synchronize with an Internet time server" box checked and what server is it set as. Mine is set to time.nist.gov.

Mark-176168 09:26 30 Mar 05

The time zone etc is correct - the "synchronisation" box is unchecked, although I have a large list of options if I do check it. Is it an advantage to use it or not? I would have thought the time/date should still run hapily enough without it, but I haven't had a PC with this option before.

megapack 09:31 30 Mar 05

Well it's worth a try to see if it does fix the problem. If after a few days it still is happening then you can turn it back off.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…