new Custom PC

macbridge 13:46 PM 27 May 11

Im about to buy a new custom gaming PC and found what looks like a decent site Build Your Box anyway ive put eveything together but need a reccomendations on the processor AMD or Intel? sandybridge or bloomfield? my budget is £1300 so any of these options are possible.

ICF 16:21 PM 27 May 11

For that kind of money I would be looking for a Intel Core i5 2500K or i7 2600K

Does the company you have choosen come recommended? Look for reviews before you part with your well earned £1300

hastelloy 09:55 AM 28 May 11

Can't see any reviews for this company though their website looks good and they do give contact details. Might be worth looking them up at Company's House - if they're new that could explain the lack of reviews - they could be very good (or bad) but not had a chance to build a reputation. I'd at least give them a ring and have a chat before making any decisions.

HXP 23:58 PM 28 May 11

Give Chillblast a ring - they built me a custom machine and it is still 18 months later playing Crisis & Crysis 2 .... they seem to have a good knowledgable team and a good build quality.

http://www.chillblast.com/home.php

Can i also say I am not affliated or linked in any commercial way with Chillblast - I am just an impressed customer

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites