New cube style PCs - any views, problems etc???

I'm on the look out for a new computer and will be buying in the next month or so. Have just noticed that these new cube like PCs seem to have a fairly decent spec. However, as I'm not technically minded, was wondering whether I'm missing something obvious.

Does anyone have any views on these machines? Any reported problems to date etc, etc.

My current choice is between an Evesham 2800+TR Wonder or the Evesham e-styleII 2.8? What are the fundamental differences between the two machines?

Any advice is very much appreciated. Thanks.

powerless 23:46 14 Dec 03

"My current choice is between an Evesham 2800+TR Wonder or the Evesham e-styleII 2.8? What are the fundamental differences between the two machines?"

Axis 2800+TR Wonder click here e-style II 2.8
click here

The Processors are equally matched, RAM is the same, the Axis 2800+TR Wonder has a larger hard drive [160GB] and it is SATA so on paper it is faster then the e-style II 2.8 HDD. The Axis 2800+TR Wonder graphics card is a better card than the e-style II 2.8. TFTs are the same. The e-style II 2.8 just has one optical drive where the other has two. You get more software with the e-style II 2.8. Well you do the rest...

But the obvious difference is that the Axis 2800+TR Wonder is not a cube.

If you after performance, the Axis 2800+TR Wonder is the one.

Thanks.

Would it be safe to assume that despite the smaller size of the cube, everything inside is still well ventilated and won't break down more easily than tower case PCs?

powerless 00:48 15 Dec 03

Well, i would not know as i do not own one.

tbh72 01:08 15 Dec 03

It should be noted with these system's that they have limited (1) pci slots. Which means the inability to run more than one additional pci card.

Forum Editor 01:12 15 Dec 03

in Internet cafes, and as far as I know they are predominantly trouble-free.

It's probably easier to maintain a good airflow through a small case than through a large one - smaller volume of air to change.

Stuartli 09:40 15 Dec 03

I've no idea if they are any good or not but, to my mind, they are an ugly beast.

I hope the only time I require a box will be one that is six foot long...

duckers 10:46 15 Dec 03

The only problem comes when you want to start upgrading the thing, there is not a lot of space inside and if you wanted to add say a second hard disk or another CD-ROM or DVD drive then you might have problems. Also when you buy a 'normal' size PC any parts will fit into it, with the micro-ATX format you require a special motherboard and there are usually a smaller number available PCI upgrade slots. Generally though there are no problems with heat distribution and ventilation and some come with special cooling solutions that are integrated into the case.
They arwe probably slightly more expensive to buy than a standard size PC of the same spec.

My oppinion? get a standard PC of better spec for the same price... but each to their own..

I think for performance reasons, I'm going to stick with a tower case. Not keen on it having only 1 PCI slot and space for only 1 optical drive.

Thanks everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…