New Computer - advice please!

SylvesterMagic 13:49 18 Jun 04

I want to buy a new computer. Have a budget of about £600. I don't have any majorly special needs for it - an all round model would be best.

Some on-site warranty would be good.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Many thanks

Neil

byfordr 13:59 18 Jun 04

Dell, look for special offers...2400 not very upgradeable (no agp port), 4600 slightly upgradeable, 8300 upgradeable

Double memory particularly attractive. Normal a tft screen can be picked as part of the deal. Failing that click here click here are always worth a look.

R

rickimalone 16:09 18 Jun 04

For £600 :click here

Diemmess 18:00 18 Jun 04

If you hadn't said that, then I would recommend click here.

Personal experience of this firm has always been good. Their tech support and customer service as good as any in supporting their customers.

Add to that the possibility of choosing a bare "box" and using Keyboard, Monitor etc from the old gear if you wish.

But if you want reliable on-site support then I would say Evesham or Dell.

961 20:24 18 Jun 04

Dell with one year on site

If it works for a year it will probably work until you get sick of it

Novatech is good and they provide good service.

I don't know if they provide on site but the rest is good

johnsims 20:33 18 Jun 04

Watford Electronics have some quite good inexpensive machines with a the possibility of an upgrade path. click here Have bought both components and a complete machine (for 80 yr old father in law) from them. Good service too.

shifty 20:54 18 Jun 04

Have a look at click here they have some really good deals. Well suited with my system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…