New computer advice

JAK68 08:46 28 Jun 06

I have been looking round for a computer For maximum £500 and found this one, it will be used for playing games, usual internet downloads and college work. What do people think ?

click here:

rmcqua 08:53 28 Jun 06

OK, except that you will find it will struggle with modern games

JAK68 08:59 28 Jun 06

Does anyone know of any computers around the same price that is better for gaming ?

Diodorus Siculus 09:00 28 Jun 06

As rmcqua implies, it will depend on what games you plan on playing.

To its credit, it does have a PCI-E expansion slot so you can add a newer graphics card to it when the time comes that you can afford it.

JAK68 09:55 28 Jun 06

what graphics card would you recommend?

Diodorus Siculus 10:20 28 Jun 06

I'm sorry to say that I can't recommend any graphics card. I've a very basic one that does all that I want to do without any problems and I don't play games. When I built this machine I choose the cheapest PCI-E card that was on the market at the time.

JAK68 11:02 28 Jun 06

anybody else got any recommendations ?

Chris-347369 11:55 28 Jun 06

Just bought one of these. A great machine

JAK68 12:27 28 Jun 06

Hi pyroxide, your link has not come up on this thread, could you do it again. thks

spuds 12:40 28 Jun 06

I think this is the second time this particular computer as been mentioned as a possible buy, over the last week or so.

It would seem to have a very good review and price tag for an ideal beginner/intermediate computer. And it should be capable of most things, but when gaming is suggested then all sorts of questions need to be answered by a regular gamer.The price tag may at least double for a regular high end gaming machine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…