New Choice Stationery ink-warning message!

goforit 17:57 01 Jul 08

I have been using Choice Stationery very happily for years on my Epson Stylus printer. But since I installed a new cartridge in a new design, I have been getting a boring notice telling me that the cartridge is not Epson's, may not print how I want, do I want to continue.

The annoying thing is that No is selected by default. I have never had this before. I once got an error message after I had installed it and it was trying to charge up but I took the cartridge out and put it back in a couple of times.

Any ideas?

spuds 19:54 01 Jul 08

Epson Stylus printer model?.

Printer manufacturers are getting more annoyed about selling their printers on the cheap, and their customers are then seeking to use 'compatibles' from other sources, so you will find that annoying messages are part and parcel of the deal.

Totally-braindead 22:29 01 Jul 08

I'm surprised that you didn't get that message before. My two Epsons have shown this message for years. Must admit it doesn't bother me much, I just ignore it. No idea why you get it now.

choicestationery 18:40 02 Jul 08

Hi "goforit"

This message has to come up legally on all non Epson cartridges, and as Spuds says im suprised you did not have this before.

The message has to come up once, when you install them and then thats it. So if you install a complete set of six it may come up six time. All you do is click ignore and it will go away.

6 Clicks on the mouse should make do for up to 85% saving on the Epson cartridge.

You could also try updating your printer driver from the Epson website, this may resolve it as well.

Any further problems feel free to email me direct - [email protected]

Thanks

Paul

goforit 18:47 02 Jul 08

Many thanks everyone and thank you Paul. I will try and update my printer driver and see if that fixes the pesky notice from coming up every time.

Sophie

FatboySlim71 22:08 02 Jul 08

Its nice to see businesses in question having an input on here, good on yer Choice Stationery : )

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now