new cheap website for hardware !

apu10 21:07 28 Oct 03

hey guys found this site what do you lot think of it ?

seems a bit too good to be true !

click here

MichelleC 09:18 29 Oct 03

The prices are good. It'll be interesting to see if the stuff's any good.

Stuartli 09:29 29 Oct 03

Remember that low prices and top after sales customer service are not normally compatible...:-)

A 120GB Maxtor HDD from Scan of Bolton (click here) is ?73 and a few pennies including VAT - better value than the site you mention with an 80GB for only a handful of pounds less.

expertec 09:30 29 Oct 03

Here's feedback from Ebay users click here

Stuartli 09:32 29 Oct 03

Should read: "?73 and a few pennies including VAT.."

Stuartli 09:34 29 Oct 03

The PCA website has a problem with ? signs (pound signs) - they are correct when typed in....:-)

Wilham 21:09 29 Oct 03

A month ago I wanted a new scanner, the Visioneer 9320, advertised in USA at under 150 dollars (+tax) and with 2 or 3 day delivery. Two weeks later.... and I had found no uk supplier, though it was a 'Yes' in USA and Germany. I needed to do a lot of photo work by Xmas so I had to opt for my second choice, -a Canon LIDE 80.
Cheapest ad for this is Ebuyer at122-77 (99-99+vat+del). Not easy to see this ad on their site ('cos they don't have many? Quickfind 051448). On Monday am I rang Ebuyer just to check the supply (claimed 23 in stock)and it took me an hour to make contact,...only to find myself in yet another queue. Ten min. of this..., lost patience,... went back to the web. Ordered from [email protected] -and I had delivery the next day, Tuesday (because the time was before 1-00pm), at total cost 129-99. I was lucky.
The drawback of small good firms like this and apu10's is often the limited range of stock.
However, I'm pleased to pay the small extra when they can deliver, and to know I'm not going to have contact hassle if things go wrong.

Wilham 21:23 29 Oct 03

The website is click here of the email address I gave.

Dade 13:44 31 Oct 03

id think twice about buying from anywhere that can't even spell nVidia properly :)

Jean-Luc Picard 11:24 01 Nov 03

Their software looks very good value although I haven't as yet purchased anything from them. I certainly wouldn't be put off by a spelling mistake, anyway numerous sellers spell Nvidia with an "e".

david.h 14:40 01 Nov 03

the web site shows address or head office detail only point of contact is email?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…