New Build

MeSpeakEnglish 19:29 05 Jan 07

Hi everyone, I wondered if anybody could help me with the following please.

I want to buy/build a new PC. I am quite computer literate and have built a few in the past. However, over the past 3 years I have lost touch with it all.

All I want to replace is the base unit. However, I want to completely replace this without stealing any parts from my old machine.

I don't want to spend more than £1,000 but this must include an operating system (time to go legit). Ideally I would like Vista (Premium Home (name?)), if not, then XP will have to do.

As well as the usual stuff (internet, music, work) I want to use it for online gaming. I would like to be running the latest games near the top of their settings and still have a good frame rate.

I am willing to either build or buy pre-built but basically if anyone can give me any recommendations, tips or create an entire list of hardware then that would be great.

Points of interest = 64bit, DX10, SLi, Dual Core.

Thanks in advance.

Rob.

wjrt 19:45 05 Jan 07

click here
executer 6400 with XP pro
overbudget at £1113 but with upgrade to vista premium for postage think about £12

Totally-braindead 19:52 05 Jan 07

Things have moved on. Three years ago you could probably have built your own PC from scratch and saved money. Such is no longer the case. You would be cheaper buying a complete system from somewhere a base unit if that is all you want.

No particular one to advise on but you should look for SATA II drives, PCI Express graphics, faster the better and at the price range you are considering 2 gig of memory.

terryf 22:09 05 Jan 07
  SLAYER 09:58 06 Jan 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now