NEW BT TV ADVERT

slysy 00:06 15 Oct 04

What are peoples views an BT's new TV advert for broadband showing one of its advantages being able download music faster?

Forum Editor 00:35 15 Oct 04

but there are plenty of perfectly legitimate music download sites, and that's what BT is driving at.

Stuartli 09:47 15 Oct 04

Tiscali has run an entertainment and music download club for quite a while now:

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:59 15 Oct 04

You pay to download...can't see what you are getting at.

G

t.long 21:29 15 Oct 04

Like the FE said there are plenty of legal music downloads, it is a legitimate part of the internet. Yes there are alot of illegial ones, but saying BT should not advertise music downloads, is like saying they [BT] should not provide email because it can be used for spam.

mikef. 14:05 16 Oct 04

Particularly seeing they have their own music site in conjunction with Yahoo called Launch

rdave13 21:34 16 Oct 04

Brilliant at supplying phone services.the rest is debateable.

Mr Mistoffelees 22:08 16 Oct 04

I have been using BT Broadband 1Mbps since 19th February this year, 1 week after the exchange was enabled,and the service has been faultless. So not just their phone services are good.

Noelg23 11:38 19 Oct 04

Brilliant at supplying phone services
the service has been faultless

I beg to differ on these boys...I happen to work for BT Faults and use to work for the Broadband side too...try telling that to the thousands of customers we get screaming down the line that say their phone is not working and has not been working for a number of days...never mind weeks! saying that our phoneline has been fine since we moved in...and the broadband is like clockwork (but it aint from BT!)

anchor 14:05 19 Oct 04

On top of that, BT charges for phone calls are higher than can be found elsewhere.

Actually, I like the TV ad. As FE and others say, this does not imply, or encourage, illegal downloading.

However, I will stay with Pipex Solo 500, which is a bit cheaper for a 512 service and, unlike BT, has no bandwidth limits.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…