New Battery for GERICOM Laptop?

The Ghost of Inept Pig 19:43 16 Feb 06

Hi all,

I need some help trying to source a battery for a laptop, hopefully being able to get it from the UK, and without having to use eBay, the laptop then:

GERICOM Mobile Intel Pentium 4 Processor 3.06 GH2 Enhanced SpeedStep technology supports Hyperthreading and has the following specifications:-

15" TFT (S x GA + 1400 X 1050)
512 MB DDR - RAM
NVIDIA Geforce FX 5600, 128 MB RAM
16 - bit Sound blaster Pro compatible + AC 97 CODEC, Micro, Stereo Speakers
60 GB HDD
DVD-+ R/RW

The following is from the handbook supplied with the laptop:

Li-ion 8-cell pack, 14.8v x 4000 mAh, 59.2 Wh Or Li-ion 8-cell pack, 14.4v x 4000 mAh, 57.6 Wh

The current battery was found to be the following:

Battery pack 755 - 454000 - S1P1
Rating: 14.4VDC - 4000 mAh

Obviously, I'd prefer to do a straight swap between the batteries - does anyone know of a good supplier?

I've been pointed towards Global-Batteries.co.uk (click here) has anyone ever had any dealings with this company?

Help and opinions are all appreciated

Thanks

spuds 23:50 16 Feb 06

I find these people very obliging click here

Fellsider 14:46 17 Feb 06

found this online

click here

scroll down and click on likely batteries (ones starting 755) each will show a page with a view of the battery

hope this helps.

The Ghost of Inept Pig 18:15 17 Feb 06

Thanks for the links - Fellsider's seems to have the exact code of the battery currently in the machine, so I will take my chances with that one - Thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…