New American Express Card

Bingalau 21:09 01 Jun 05

Does anybody know anything about the new American Express Card (advantages/Disadvantages)? Which you load up in advance and use all over the world. I realize this may not be the proper site or forum to ask this question, but then again I suppose they are computer related. And there are not many sensible forums around.... Just wondered if it was worth while taking on holiday .... Bingalau

Forum Editor 21:31 01 Jun 05

as Travellers' cheques on a card - for that's exactly what it is. You prepay Amex, and the card is good at any outlet displaying the Amex sign - up to the limit of your prepayment.

Lose the card, and Amex will immediately stop it, and get another one to you PDQ.

Much better nthan individual Travellers cheques.

Sneakers 22:03 01 Jun 05

Am ex Cards are not accepted as universally as you may initially believe. I have been caught out on occasion; other than that, really good.

spuds 23:18 01 Jun 05

Agree with Sneakers,Amex very well known but not accepted in many places and areas.Plus you have to pay for the privilege of having the card.

Bingalau 10:18 02 Jun 05

Thanks everybody (especially our F.E.) for your replies. Sorry for delay in getting back, but I had an early night last night.... I had an offer from Easy Jet telling me that if I loaded up my new card with £650.00 I would be saving £20.00 as I would be getting it "Fee Free" It never mentioned any other fees but I suppose there must be a catch somewhere?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…