New All in One Printer

ginty 00:32 05 Jul 03

I am in process of buying a new all in one printer for home use only and have narrowed it down to 2 Lexmark X5150 and HP psc 2115 but I cant find any reviews on running costs to makecomparison, to new I guess, any suggestions from anyone who may have bought one these recently.

DieSse 01:47 05 Jul 03

Look at the reviews here click here you will have to click the labs heading and go to all-in-ones for the actual review. The HPs outshine the Lexmarks by a mile.

Lea 10:12 05 Jul 03

See message re printing inks. I'm impressed with the PSC1210.It is a neat design,light weight, relatively quiet and the colour printing is excellent,however until they produce compatibles ( you might have more luck) the running costs are pretty high. All the suppliers mentioned so far on here do not have the ink cartridges,

joe1234738 16:23 06 Jul 03

As matter of principal I am avoiding to buy multipurpose devices, although would make a lot of sense for people with limited workspace.

BrianW 17:08 06 Jul 03

I have the HP psc 2115 and find it produces excellent results, being particularly impressive with the photo cartridge and highest photo print quality output. I can't give a precise cost / page but think it works out around 70p / A4 photo, including the cost of the paper (I use HP premium plus matt photo paper a lot). One thing to be aware of, the cartridge exhausted indicator will try to get you to replace the cartridge well befor you need to. I just ignore the message, keep spare cartridges available and press on until the colours begin to drift. The scanning abilities and use for off-line photocopying are added bonuses as far as I am concerned.

ordep 18:48 06 Jul 03

I've recently posted click here, regarding inkjet cartridges, if you care to have a browse.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…