Is this new Aldi offer good value?

terryr48 12:15 10 Nov 04

Aldi's have got this this week-is it worth the money? Mobile Navigation System with Integrated GPS Receiver £249.99
Unpack, switch on and navigate using this up-to-date personal digital assistant, with built-in navigation software. This new technology allows the user to roam freely, without wires, by foot, cycle, car or motorbike. • Includes maps for the UK and major roads of Europe on one 256MB storage card (provided!) and card maps for Western Europe on 4 CD-Roms • Voice output, coloured map and arrow navigation • Satellite supported position sensor with distance indication and distance bars for directional change • Top spec PDA with Intel® PXA-255 300 MHz process and 64MB onboard memory • TFT display with 65,536 colours • Pocket versions of Microsoft® software included (Outlook, Word, Excel and Internet Explorer for Pocket PC) • Includes USB synchronisation cradle ensuring your PC communicates with your PDA • Also includes in-car charger, car holder with suction cups, AC adaptor and wallet.

TomJerry 12:51 10 Nov 04

/

Wilham 14:03 10 Nov 04

Does it sort out house numbers? Is there a review anywhere to compare its specs with the new TomTom Nav 4 ?

I realise it's not in the same price bracket.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:19 10 Nov 04

If Aldi sold fresh air it would be good value.;-))

G

spuds 18:57 10 Nov 04

Comes with 3 year warranty. Previous Aldi price £269.99 now £249.99.Looks good.

Aldi are also selling Gericom Intel Centrino TM Laptops at £999.99 with 2 years warranty and free 2 years all risk insurance. click here

Aldi website click here

six-h 20:08 10 Nov 04

I have seen a revew of this kit in "the only plain english computer magazine" Bit of a rag I know, but they do seem to look at Aldi offers.
F.E.note: it would be nice to have PCA views on their kit occasionally, as it is very popular.

Stuartli 15:32 11 Nov 04

The Aldi offers would most likely have been and gone by the time PC Advisor would be able to acquire, review and then publish its findings.

for the lap top offer.. get chrimbo over and done with then maybe start to save!

oresome 18:51 11 Nov 04

It's value depends on whether you really have a use for it.

IanR_ 21:10 11 Nov 04

Well i bought it,and so far i'm really impressed with it.I got it mainly for the GPS function,but the PDA side of things seems to be very good aswell.Did anyone else manage to get hold of one?

terryr48 23:44 13 Nov 04

IanR_
Yes, I bought one, convinced the wife it could be my christmas present-I think it is great-tested the GPS it took me right to my door!
Saw a similar one on the Medion website £399.99
only 1 years warranty so I have come to the conclusion this is good value.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…