Network Configuration / ADSL

tbh72 16:04 12 Apr 03

click here

I have recently installed a PCI Surveilance Card. I can now view my security cameras on my PC or VIA the internet. There is one MAJOR flaw with this arrangement, it kills the computer. It virually uses all of the PC resources. So I am thinking about making a new PC just for the security side of thing's. It will have to be mega quiet & highly efficient as it will be turned on 24 hours a day. It also needs access to the ADSL connection. Am I right in assuming that I could just have a computer case & components, eg no keyboard / monitor connected via a wireless network, which I would be able to monitor using my regular PC. What ever way I config this setup, im quite convinced that the security computer would have to serve just that purpose sending it's information via a network!!!

Suggestions welcomed

Forum Editor 19:25 12 Apr 03

connection with another computer?

Presumably these security cameras are ordinary webcams? If this is the case, and they are running all the time they will tie up a hefty slice of your ADSL bandwidth and network resources.

You don't have to have a keyboard or monitor attached to such a machine, but it will help enormously if you do. Where are these cameras? Wouldn't a conventional CCTV setup be better?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…