Netgear Customer Service - Excellent

fitshase 09:38 16 Jun 03

I have a wireless router (Netgear FM114P). When I decided to do a bit of spring cleaning in the computer room, I unplugged all of the computer system / printers / etc., and cleaned the room.

Upon plugging everything back in, the print server function on the router refused to work. As I bought it from Dabs.com in December last year, I contacted them for a returns number. They sent me an e-mail to say:-

"Netgear deal direct on warranty issues and are available on 020 7216 0014, please supply a caller ref number should you need to get back to us."

I phoned this number, spoke to a guy (who, by the accent, was French) and he asked me a couple of questions. It was then that he gave me a case number and told me that I would have a new router within a couple of days. Total phone call - under 10 minutes.

That was on Friday. The new router has arrived this morning (9am) and is now set up and working (as I am posting this message). The print server function is working fine too - tested it first thing.

All I need to do now is to send my old broken router back to them.

If only all companies were this good.

I bought an Actiontec wireless PCMCIA card at the same time as the router and that developed problems after about 2 months. I had to send that back to Dabs.com and wait 6 weeks to get a new one.

A word to anyone looking to buy a router or similar device - BUY NETGEAR!

Regards

Fitshase
(with a smile on his face this monday morning!)

ajm 10:30 16 Jun 03

Similar thing happened to me. Called Netgear on a Friday night. Call was routed to their centre in Delhi, India.

The product that was faulty was the Netgear DG814 Router. After a 10-15 minutes talk trying toi detrmine the fault, it was arrived to to the conclusion that the DG814 was faulty and a replacement will be sent out.

Monday morning at 7:30 am, the new Router arrived!!!

Thats what i call service.!!!

rickf 21:23 16 Jun 03

Yep! The same thing happened to me with a DG814 about a yr. ago. They were and it seems excellent. The prob is I have still got the faulty one because they did not give me a return address to send it too. Its just sitting on the shelf.

dirtyh 22:41 16 Jun 03

had to call their helpline,no waiting very pleasant and helpfull.
had my router up and running in 5 min's USER error).
very good service

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…