Netbook Selection Help Please?

Big L 266 13:44 24 Feb 11

Hello.

I would like to ask advice as to what netbook and netbook specs I should consider when buying please.Its sole use will be around the home and linked to my desktop - Dell Studio 540 - running Vista Home Premium 32 bit.Its primary use will be to link the two via software wirelessly via my D-Link router DSL2740R which has three aerials at the back.I hope to be able to sit in a more comfortable chair and use my netbook to remote-link to my desktop.

The size of hard-drive isn't important.The operating system should be Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit as per desktop.It should have a range of around 30 feet and a very long battery life.Cheap but efficient is the remit I've set myself.

If you use a netbook,what would you recommend and why please?I have toyed with a Dell Inspirion priced at £229 for the job.

Thank you very much for your very kind help and hope you'll be able to help me choose

Big L 266.

Big L 266 14:06 24 Feb 11

Hello.

I forgot to put the link in....

click here

Its the first one on the left for £229.

Thank you.

jim365 09:40 16 May 11

Go for a Samsung, I have one and they are brilliant.

Woolwell 10:18 16 May 11

What will you be using it for?

Don't limit yourself to Vista. W7 may be much better.

Have you considered a tablet?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…