Need Upgrade Advice for PC

matttbutcher 10:52 08 Mar 16

Hi,

Around five years ago I bought a custom PC online (from Arbico.co.uk). I was extremely impressed with it and its been great.

Now I am considering an upgrade since the PC seems to be a bit outdated and generally slow now. I do not play games as much as I used to, my graphics card was able to run games on High settings but I'm pretty sure it won't be able to these days, but I would like something which would not cost too much to improve and still be able to run games at decent settings if I choose to at some point. I also do a lot of video editing and use high end software and so i would like it to be able to handle that well, that is priority.

It would be fantastic if I could just upgrade parts of the PC instead of completely starting again you see and I was hoping to get some advice on how I could go about this potential upgrade. The original build cost me £535 including VAT at the time and I'd prefer not to spend quite that much to upgrade, in fact, if possible I'd love to not spend much more than around 200 - 250 quid on any improvements.

Please find below my original spec:

RAIDMAX ALTAS GAMING CASE | XILENCE 580W DUAL 12V RAIL GAMING POWER SUPPLY | 2 x 120MM RED LED CASE FANS | AMD Phenom II X4 955 (AM3, 3.20 GHz, 8MB Total Cache) | ASUS M4N68T-M LE V2 MOTHERBOARD | 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ RAM | NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 1280MB | SONY OPTIARC 24X SATA DVD BURNER | 1000GB S-ATA 7200RPM Hard Drive | 2 FRONT + 4 BACK USB PORTS | 10/100/1000 GIGABIT NETWORK | 6 CHANEL HD AUDIO

Originally I was thinking, maybe I might be best getting a second 550 ti and doing SLI and get a bit more RAM, however I'm not sure if my motherboard and PSU is compatible for this and whether that would be all it needs to improve performance anyway. So I am aware that I will most likely need to upgrade the processor and motherboard.

I look forward to hearing any thoughts / suggestions

Cheers

lauriesupport46 05:18 09 Mar 16

you can call us to our toll free number 1-855-270-9600 for any free suggestion regarding your pc.or visit here:-click here ,click here,click here,click here

mart7 16:19 09 Mar 16

How about a motherboards bundle intel i3 here

click here decent graphics card click here over budget but you could purchase the AMD bundle which brings the price to your budget

click here

And £50

wee eddie 16:43 09 Mar 16

It has struck me that installing a 240 GB SSD for the OS and Apps would probably do the business

wee eddie 16:49 09 Mar 16

Also, doubling the RAM and moving to Windows 10 would also be good. From what I have been told, the upgrade from 8BG to 16GB is frequently unnecessary

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…