Need some advice urgent please!

IMestor 20:57 24 Oct 03

I am interested in doing an A+ course and decided to purchase the course from a company called Macmin which is advertised in the classified section of PC Advisor magazine. I bought the course for £199 4 days ago looking at last months issue. The advert in this months PC advisor now advertises the same product for £99. I decided to ring them up to find out the price and was told that they can refund me the £100 but i will be missing certain parts of the course which are valuable as they work closely with the updated exams. This doesn't sound normal to me as it would not help anyone reach the goal this course is intending to set ie. pass the exams and get a certificate.

I have become a bit suspicious about this. The company has a 30 day money back guarantee, i received the first two modules this morning and haven't opened them up yet.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal and what i can do about it?

Has anyone had experieced with this before and should i have a refund?

Thanks in advance

Than

zanwalk 21:39 24 Oct 03

Ask for your money back - send the two parts back, then after a couple of weeks, buy it at the new price, and you should receive the full course.

As far as I know Macmin are a sound company, they have been around for a while, I suspect they are naturally trying to discourage you from taking £100 off them!

Forum Editor 23:00 24 Oct 03

you'll have to make a judgement about. You obviously felt that the £199 course represented value for money, or you wouldn't have paid for it. Now you've seen it advertised for less, but you say it isn't the same course anyway, so I'm not entirely sure what you're concern is.

If you don't want to do the course any more you can ask for your money back, but then, if you want the qualification you'll have to find some other company that offers the same course.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5