need on screen alarm/alerter

Seth Haniel 13:15 20 Oct 09

couple programs at work logout after 20 minutes of inactivity - is there an on screen alarm /alerter that can be set to ring/buzz at set intervals so I can keep these programs active

crosstrainer 15:10 20 Oct 09

This should do the trick:

click here

birdface 15:40 20 Oct 09

Control panel.Power option and put never in the 4 dropdown boxes.See if that helps.

birdface 15:44 20 Oct 09

That looks quite handy.might give it a go myself.

Seth Haniel 15:55 20 Oct 09

looks good - only problem need admin rights to install on works pc - need stand alone prog - thanks anyway

BT 17:01 20 Oct 09

That is SOOO annoying. We had a similar situation when one of our customers insisted that a similar system was implemented. I worked in QA Lab and we needed to bring up Customer Specs to check outgoing loads against while we tested them, and it was so annoying when the damned thing kept logging off after about 15 mins. Just had to get into the habit of giving the mouse a nudge every few minutes.

peter99co 17:14 20 Oct 09

Can't the works I.T. install for you

Forum Editor 17:26 20 Oct 09

but it belongs in the Helproom or Consumerwatch, rather than Speakers Corner.

I'll transfer it to Consumerwatch now.

Rigga 23:27 20 Oct 09

Interesting, and something i've thought about writing before.

If you give me a day or two I'll write you a custom program.

Any requests for the functionality?

R.

crosstrainer 08:05 21 Oct 09

I can't see a problem with your network admin allowing you to install a program that helps with your day to day work.

Have a chat with your I.T. Dept. They can verify the programme's credentials and install it for you.

Seth Haniel 08:23 21 Oct 09

I have three programs that are running that each have a 20 min time of inactivity log off. Mere mouse moves don't work needs actual pages to be opened etc,.
one program Cardea runs from the desktop the other PlanetFM runs from within a cytrix frame which is also timed. Also within the frame are Excel not timed, but lost on a cytrix log off -and Outlook timed.
So would need something - a bit like a stopwatch where multiple timers could be set to give an alert at a set interval before the log off starts, and keeps track off the cycles of each instance. As they are not all on ther same cycle.
Must be able to run from a standalone point.

Simples ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…