Need a scanner that is compatible with Vista

palinka 15:51 08 Jan 09

For 5 years or so I used a BenQ scanner with Win XP; switched to Vista a year ago and no Benq drivers available so I bought Hamrick driver and continued OK.
Now (suddenly ; OK one day but not the next)the computer can't see the scanner; says there is no scanner installed. Nothing wrong with the scanner - still works fine with own driver on old XP computer.
So it looks as though the hamrick driver is the problem; anyone any experience of replacing such without paying again? Tried their website but it didn't seem possible. £/$ rate now makes it an expensive exercise to buy driver again, so my other option is a new scanner, but a quick trawl through google produces scarcely any references to compatibility with Vista. Current scanner has a removable lid which is good for scanning from fat books. Might want to scan 35mm slides sometime in future, but have never done this before; usual usage is text.Any advice welcome on this one, thank you.

MAJ 16:14 08 Jan 09

This any good? click here

palinka 16:24 08 Jan 09

thanks MAJ, that looks a possible.
Anyone any experience of this model?

iscanut 17:17 08 Jan 09

I can recommend the Canon Lide scanners for normal use..no good for thick docs though and you may need a dedicated slide scanner for your 35mm slides

click here

interzone55 21:09 08 Jan 09

HP kit tends to install loads of crap along with the driver.

I've got an Epson Perfection V100, which now seems to be called the V10.

It's really good quality and the software is simple. It comes with AABBY Fine Reader Sprint OCR software, which is pretty good as well.
click here

jack 15:26 09 Jan 09

How deep is your pocket?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac