Need a price for insurance

Murphey22 09:11 07 Dec 06

My house was broken into last week and my 5 year Dell old laptop was stolen. It was top of the range when I bought it and has been brilliant. I want to claim on my insurance but they require model number and list price. Unfortunately over the years I have lost the receipt and box. Can anyone help and suggest some 5 year old models.
I think my laptop at the time cost around £1500?

Jackcoms 09:45 07 Dec 06

Why not have a chat with Dell? I'm sure they'll have a pretty good idea which of their models were on sale 5 years ago click here click here

HondaMan 10:28 07 Dec 06

check the terms of your insurance policy. Was it "new for old".
Whilst they probably won't pay for a new laptop you may get a better offer than if it was a straight indemnity only policy.

Stuartli 11:11 07 Dec 06

You have also had five years' use out of it - I would be more concerned about what was on the hard disk and whether you would wish others to see it.

Al94 11:16 07 Dec 06

There might be a small chance that your on a Dell database as a customer and that they can tell you what you purchased, as Jackcoms suggests, contact them.

Murphey22 11:24 07 Dec 06

Thanks, all good info, I have contacted Dell and am waiting for a reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…