Need new laptop - advice please

Neo_0147 12:13 12 Jul 04

Hi,

Been looking at potential laptops for university and I came across an offer from tiny computers. I looked at the spec and saw the price and i was surprised to say the least.

Have any of you guys had any experience with tiny laptops? Do you feel this laptop would do the job? For £799 it seems a very good deal....

Here's the link : click here

It is buy now pay 6 months later which is good, because by then I will have the money. Do you know any other companys who do this? Can't find it on Dell's site.

Thanks for your input

pcwhizz 12:18 12 Jul 04

Tiny are not always best ppl todeal with. they offer good spec. BUT there reliability is not very good.

Also the Modem is locked to Supanet so u will have to register with their ISP to get the modem unlocked.

its upto u. if u no lot bout pcs. it wont be so bad coz u cud fix anythin if worst came to worst.

but for a begginner id think twice.

wee eddie 19:39 12 Jul 04

I would not prejudge the situation.

Wait till you get there and have a chance to access your real requirements rather than the perceived requirements.

Your living(accommodation) security will almost certainly colour your choice.

matt1234 20:51 12 Jul 04

id go for evesham

i have one from them got a 3 year warrenty and it is very good and can handle all the latest games with no problem what so ever!

matt1234 20:51 12 Jul 04
  TomJerry 01:34 13 Jul 04

If you want quality stuff, Toshiba has special deals for students with their Notebook for Student Scheme click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…