need a laptop under £200 fast !!

can anyone help me with finding a laptop with windows 7 and roughly around 3g ram and about 500g hardrive because i am a student and need it for my exams answer back A.S.A.P thank you

UNDER £200

rdave13 21:53 09 May 10

Google has failed miserably to come up with your required specs laptop for UNDER £200, sorry.

Forum Editor 23:24 09 May 10

why do you need that kind of specification for your exams - what will you be doing that requires a 500Gb hard drive?

You're not going to get a new machine like that under £300, never mind £200.

You could pick up a netbook for less than £200, but it won't come near your specification in terms of RAM and drive space, and it certainly won't be running Windows 7.

You may be better off buying a secondhand machine, but I must warn you that even then £200 will not get the machine that you want.

Al94 09:02 10 May 10

You can get an Inspiron Mini 1011 with Windows 7 starter edition for £128 + vat & delivery on the Dell Outlet website click here

i need it for course work and other things also i need windows 7 home premium for it to work fast and not crash so i can get it done in time and fast my course work starts in 3 weeks so need a website now plzz help me

wee eddie 13:19 10 May 10

As FE didn't say, £500 would be more realistic for the specification that you have given.

Even then, I think that you would have to settle for Windows 7 Home, rather than the Premium Edition.

The Kestrel 16:26 10 May 10

You can look among these click here but as others have already said, you will not get a laptop with Windows 7 and a large capacity hard drive for less than £350 to £400.

ronalddonald 16:39 10 May 10

Sammy it just Aint possible to get anew 200 quid laptop. Look for refurbished ones even then you be lucky, try loot newspaper but be warned if you do get one for 200 quid there wont be much of a or any guarantee,

If you can get hold of any computer if you can alos get hold of linux mint this might be feasible instead of windowws 7

Tim1964 21:01 12 May 10

Our Emachines D620 laptop (14in display/DVDRW/160Gb HDD/Vista Basic) was £200 from ASDA last year.

My new work lappy is an HP Elitebook 6930P with almost identical spec that can be found on Amazon for £980+.

I'll be damned if I can tell the difference 5 times the price makes. they both do the same job at the same speed.

One thing to consider is what you will REALLY be using it for. Our laptops both have a DVDRW in them and I'm as yet to put a DVD (RW or movie)disc in either of them. So if I could have bought it for less without I would have.

"A laptop with no optical drive", sounds like a netbook, but with my much less than HD eyeballs I needed the bigger display of a laptop.

jaraba 23:18 12 May 10

Try these click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…