Need help buying new computer

Futurism 23:20 16 Jun 06

Ok so i want a new comp but im well outta touch with all the latest goings on and need help!!! PLEASE!!

I have bout 1k to spend have OS and Monitor and ideally want a good gaming system to run games at top end graphics! Is there a place you'd suggest to get one from? what spec? If not can you tell me what parts to get? and even better where to get em from? I'm sure i can get someone to build it for me!!

Thank You

Also is it possible to get a PC connected to a tv like this:
click here
Say with a adaptor of some sort? Please don't hurt me if its a stupid q!!

aca 08:27 17 Jun 06

I would suggest a good first step is to buy the latest edition of PC Advisor. Has top 10 reviews of PCs in different categories. This will give you an idea of whats needed and you may well find what you are after. the reviews are comprehensive.

With the budget that you should be able to get a PC that has TV output via the PCs graphics card. You do need to check on the spec of the card. Most modern cards will have this. Particularly as you will need a high spec card to run latest games. My advice is to have a look at mag, then contact some of the suppliers and confirm with them.

Usually all you will need is an appropriate cable (s) to connect one to the other. This will probably be into scart on the TV

richardcockbain 19:23 17 Jun 06

Reasonable budget so you should get what you are looking for, if you buy carefully.

You'll need a good processor and a decent graphics card to deliver what you are looking for as a gaming machine. Probably best to go for one of AMDs dual core processors and the 7900GT chip from Nvidia or the wonderful Ati 1900XT.

I bought my PC from here... click here

and if you fancy upgrading the graphics card yourself then try this ... click here ... for less than £300!

You might also want to try this for your monitor... click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…