Need to buy today an all-in-one,need advice please

gudda96 09:44 14 Nov 06

Hi gang

My daughter wants me to find for her a good, simple to use, all in 1 printer-copier-scanner, emphasis being on the copier.

from my brief research, a reasonable one can be bought for £70 max and many below but of course, some copies work out dearer than others and can be near the price of local shop.

The HP Laser Jet 1018 sounds good but I would appreciate any personal experience with any all-in-one machines please.

beynac 10:19 14 Nov 06

I've got an Epson Stylus DX3850. It's a bit slow as a printer but does a good job. Ink cartridges are cheaper than the HP equivalent.It has an excellent black/white or colour stand-alone copying facility (you don't have to have the computer turned on). I think that they are £60-£70.

Strawballs 10:38 14 Nov 06

click here The Laserjet is not an all in one but just a printer and a black and white at that.

For the money that you are looking at it will have to be an inkjet one.

I have an HP Photosmart 3180 and am happy with it, you can also copy at the touch of a button without the PC being on.

I know the Carts are a bit dearer than the epson but the print heads are in the carts so if you have a problem with blocked heads (which I did with 2 of the epsons I had) then it can be sorted by changing the carts.

Belatucadrus 11:48 14 Nov 06

click here A little light reading, you'll need to register if you stay on the site for long, but it's worth doing.

bfoc 12:53 14 Nov 06

A copy of another computer magazine and they have a review of all-in-ones.

They give as their best budget buy the canon PIXMA MP160 at a price of £42. It gets 4 stars and can, apparently, use the Canon high yield cartridges (PG-50 & CL-51)which 'makes it cheap to run...and very good value',

gudda96 13:02 14 Nov 06

Belatucadrus

Visited that site, its good.

Thanks all for response, its b.....mind boggling when you go to nuy owt now.

bFoc
can I get access to the pca review?

The Brigadier 13:20 14 Nov 06

Epson Stylus DX4800 does the job and also works as a stand alone copier. Just one button to copy a document. Best printer i have owned.

bfoc 13:48 14 Nov 06

It was in another Computer magazine - the one for Shoppers?

I haven't seen it on their website yet but it might be there. It is in 'this months' issue - January 2007!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017